lE CHANCRE ... qui a ronge la france - "The Canker that consumed France", Published INSTITUT DES QUESTIONS JUIVES [Jewish Question Research Institute]. Serialized story accompanied by antisemitic cartoons about the Jew taking over France from the inside, signed in the plate APIS. France, early 1940s.
The title page depicts a spider-shaped Jew holding in his arms the various departments of France: sports, theater, military, press, mail and more. In a story consisting of 12 anti-Semitic cartoons and open with the Sentence: "depuis 100 ans le juif pouilleux venant de son ghetto natal envahit la france" [For 100 years, the disgraced Jew invaded from his native ghetto to France], with an illustration of a typical Jewish family arriving in France with a distorted face with a long nose, described how by exchanging different identities, Jews took control of all areas of French economy, government, and culture, drawing the conclusion that the French authorities should enact laws that would expel the Jew from the international community and that only the deportation of Jews from France Welfare would come to the French nation.
The Jewish Question Research Institute (IEQJ) was an organization founded in Paris under the Nazi occupation during World War II, funded and operated by the German propaganda ministry. The idea of establishing the Institute came up in May 1941, and it was intended to encourage anti-Jewish propaganda in visual publications in France and to denounce the inaction of the French authorities regarding the measures taken against the Jews. The institute's activities, led by Rene Gerard and his successor Paul Sezil, were aimed at inclusive anti-Jewish propaganda, the "arising" of economic and cultural fields, as well as informing the Jews and extraditing them. The Institute's most significant antisemitic action was the production of 'The Jew and France' Exhibition, which opened on September 5, 1941, at the Berlitz Palace in Paris. The purpose of the exhibition was to visually show the public the destructive and disastrous role played by Jews in the history of France. About 500,000 people visited the exhibition in Paris. in 1942 the exhibition was moved to Bordeaux. In addition to the exhibition, the Institute devoted considerable energy and money to the publication and distribution of anti-Jewish publications, especially the 'Bulletin Le' and 'Jaune Cahier Le' edited in the format of Julius Streicher's Der Stuermer. In June 1943, the Institute ceased operations.
 p. Very good condition.