A memorial plaque for the Chortkov Hasidim most of whom perished in the Holocaust - On which are affixed original photographs of the Great Rebbe, their tombstone, the Hasidic community and the synagogues. calligraphic writing in black ink, designed after the Holocaust by Aharon Albert Gampel (New York ).
A text in Yiddish in square letters in memory of the Holocaust kdoshim who perished and the Hasidut: "The Jewish shtetl ... the Rebbe's chatzer ... who saw such ... Nazi beasts dragged men women and children who were forced to dig their graves ... I will not forget ...". Above in the center is a photograph of the first Rebbe, Rabbi David Moshe Friedman of Chortkov, the father of the Chortkov Chassidut, the son of Rabbi Yisrael of rozin (great-grandson of the Magid of Mezritz) and son-in-law of Rabbi Aharon of Chernobyl. In the center is a photograph of his son Rabbi Yisrael Friedman. The second rabbi from Chortkov (original photo), on the left a photograph of the Rebbe Rabbi Yisrael Friedman walking on the street (original photo), and Photographs of the tombstones of the holy rebbe, top right a photograph of the cloister of the Chortkov Chassidut, bottom right (Original photo), below in the center is an interior photo of the synagogue, and more.
Chortkov Chassidut founded in the city of Chortkov (now in Ukraine) by Rabbi David Moshe Friedman, son of Rabbi Yisrael Friedman of Rozin - a branch of the Rozin Chassidut family that was one of the largest Chatzer in Eastern Europe until the beginning of the 20th century. When the city was occupied by the Germans on July 6, 1941, they began committing murders against Jews. At the beginning of April 1942, the Jews of the city and its surroundings were concentrated in a crowded ghetto established there, where many of them died as a result of the difficult living conditions. Of the city's approximately 6,000 Jews, only about 100 survived the Holocaust. The Hasidut continued to exist until the death of the last Rebbe in 1958. Today it remains a memorial in the form of small synagogues in the Mea Shearim neighborhood of Jerusalem, Safed, Manchester, Antwerp and London.
Size: 38x51 cm. Photographs of various sizes pasted on a hard board. Calligraphic writing in black ink. Very good condition.