The Old Synagogue of Cracow (Former Kazimierz District) - by Leszek Ludwikowski - English edition - .
"The synagogue located at Szeroka Street 24 in the old district of Kazimierz in Cracow is the oldest surviving monument of Jewish sacred architecture currently existing in Poland" - An important booklet about the Old Synagogue of Cracow. It documents the synagogue's history since its establishment in the 15th century as a Gothic-style synagogue, and in recent centuries all the transformations it underwent, both architecturally - the changes the building underwent over the years, and historically - the structure of the Jewish community around the synagogue that changed shape over the centuries. A special chapter is dedicated to the synagogue during the Nazi period, how the Nazis banned prayer there in late 1939, destroyed many parts of it and looted the works of art, as well as the extensive post-war renovation plan to restore it to its original Gothic form. The booklet is accompanied by many photographs of the interior and exterior and drawings of the synagogue by photographers Henryk Hermanowicz, Józef Korzeniowski, Kazimierz Nusaki and Daniel Swądzki, as well as photos from the archive of the Cracow Historical Museum.
Rare. Only one copy listed in the world cat library catalog, in a German library.
53  p. Very good condition.