Auction 25 /
Lot245

245  From

277

245

The winning cup of the Israel Chess Championship for Women 1955, of the winner Ora Nudel

Opening price: $120

Commission: 23%

Sold: $130
00
Days
00
Hours
00
Minutes
00
Seconds
Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds
04.08.2024 07:00pm

The first winning cup in the Israeli Chess Championships named after Hannah Zepler 1955, by the winner of Ora Nudel. Bronze. An engraved dedication to the winner, and the Israeli chess Championship symbol made of enamel at the top of the cup.

Chess activities in Eretz Israel took place even before the establishment of the state. In 1919, the British Mandate governor of Jerusalem, Ronald Storrs, founded the "International Club" for chess, the first chess club in Eretz Israel. In 1922, the first Jewish chess club in Eretz Israel - "Lasker", named after the Jewish chess champion Emanuel Lasker, was established in Jerusalem. During the Fifth Aliyah, a number of professional chess players immigrated to Eretz Israel and dramatically raised the level of chess in Eretz Israel. During the British Mandate, the Eretz Israel Chess Association operated, encompassing the chess clubs in the country. Between 1936-1945, five Eretz Israel Chess Championship tournaments were held. In 1949, the Israeli Chess Association was established, continuing the path of the Eretz Israel Chess Association. Upon its establishment, it included about 20 chess clubs. Since 1951, the Israeli Championship has been held every two years. The first championship of the State of Israel was organized by the Association and held in Tel Aviv. The closing ceremony and awards ceremony of the championship was held in the presence of Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion. The leading chess players in the state's early years were Dr. Menachem Oren, Moshe Cherniak, Yosef Porath and Yitzhak Aloni.

Height: 24 cm. Maximum diameter: 8 cm. Light stains. Good condition.

More items

Not sold

Ask about the item

245. The winning cup of the Israel Chess Championship for Women 1955, of the winner Ora Nudel